Important Fall Dates & Deadlines
(for students starting classes in August)
- Apply to NKU! The NKU Admissions Application opens mid-September for students wishing to start classes the following fall.
- Apply for Financial Aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for loan and grant options to finance your college education.
- Interested in living on campus? The Housing application opens January 4 and allows students to select their actual room until March 15. From March 16 - May 1 rooms are assigned based on availability.
- Sign up for Northern Exposure Registration & Orientation. Starting February 1, students who have paid their confirmation fee will be invited to select their summer registration date. The advantage to confirming your enrollment early is the opportunity to select any registration date
- Registration: A 1-day advising and registration program to schedule your classes, occurs in June or July.
- Orientation: An exciting introduction to campus life at NKU. Occurs just before classes start in August.
- Submit your NKU Admissions Application! You must have a complete admissions application (application submitted, application fee paid, transcripts and test scores submitted) to be considered for scholarships.
- Assured Consideration Deadline. Applicants applying after this deadline run the risk of not being admitted if NKU reaches capacity for new freshmen. You could be placed on a waiting list, deferred to a subsequent semester or denied admission.
- Scholarship Deadline. To be eligible for scholarship consideration you must have a completed admission application on file by February 15. Most awards are based on your application for admission, however there are a few select awards that do require an additional scholarship application.
- Pick your Campus Housing option. Considering living on campus? Students that complete the application and submit their housing deposit by March 15 can select their room.
- Campus Housing final deadline.
- Apply to the Honors College. Interested in being a University Honors Scholar? Students wishing to participate in the Honors program must submit their application by this date.
- Confirm your Enrollment. Admitted students must confirm their intent to enroll at NKU by submitting a $75 enrollment confirmation fee prior to May 1, or two weeks after their acceptance. Confirmed students will be invited to Northern Exposure, our new student registration and orientation program.
- Scholarship Acceptance Deadline. Have an NKU scholarship? Make sure you accept your award!
- Register for any required college placement tests. Complete any necessary tests prior to attending your Northern Exposure Registration program.
- Attend Northern Exposure, Registration: (June - July)
- Final Admission Deadline: July 1
- Parking Pass: Purchase your parking pass online by August 1 and we'll mail it to you!
- Attend Northern Exposure, Orientation: late August
Before the first day of class:
First week of class:
- Attend Welcome Week: Our kickoff celebration for the fall semester! Meet other students, make friends, and enjoy many activities each day!